pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Friday, November 5, 2010

Pennsylvania to Connecticut to Rhode Island

We started out this morning with a little playtime in the Halloween pajamas.
DSC01018 DSC01020
We were on our way to Newport, Rhode Island and decided to take the George Washington Bridge that crosses the Hudson river near New York City. It was so busy and crazy. This was an awful tease because I couldn’t even see the city over the railings.
DSC01023
The trees along the drive were so colorful. We stopped at an overlook for Mystic, CT. By far, the colors in Connecticut were the best we saw on the entire trip. While all the leaf colors were magnificent, the trees in Connecticut had the most reds still on the trees.
DSC01025DSC01026
Jaxon slept most of the way but woke up for the Rhode Island picture. We hoped to be able to get a sign for all the states but some of them are not so easy to get to or there isn’t one at all. We take what we can get.
  DSC01029 DSC01035
We got to Newport and drove around looking at some really unique houses. We went on the cliff walk along the coast where you can see some amazing mansions that are HUGE!!!
DSC01036 DSC01037 DSC01039 DSC01043 DSC01045 DSC01050 DSC01053 DSC01056 DSC01057 DSC01059 DSC01072
The weather was overcast and a little windy but overall not too bad.
Jaxon + Ocean Waves = Sleeping baby!
DSC01060
DSC01052
DSC01064
We stayed in Newport a little longer than expected and had planned on stopping at Yale on the way back. We drove past but didn’t stop for long. Mark insisted that I had to get out in Connecticut for it to count so I stepped out to take a quick picture. Nothing special, but I have now been to Connecticut:).
DSC01079

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what I love more: the adorable skeleton costume or the awesome funky hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which state did Jaxon say he liked best? And I, too, love the hat! It looks like the one we brought Caleb back from Russia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think jaxon is wearing my heart on his pj's because he has definitely stolen it.
    that hat is just about as cute as he is!
    so glad y'all got to spend fall family time on such a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete