I found it so interesting how most of us barely know each other and how open we were. I have come to find out that is just how it goes with mom's. We were all sharing our birthing stories and other baby stories. Some were funny, some were scary, some were gross, some were unforgettable. We had no problem sharing intimate details of how our story happened. It was an awesome time to just talk with one another.
One of the girls there talked about how if she had not been in a hospital she would have died. She had some serious complications during and after birth. After lunch, she and I were going to pick up our babies and she mentioned that she is ready for another one. I was just in awe of her that even though she went through something that major, she was ready to do it all over again.
And it just got me thinking about our conversations we had just had. All of our experiences were different, some easy, some not so easy. But I bet that all of us would say that we would do it again in a heartbeat.
Being a mom has taught me so much already but mostly it has opened my eyes to a whole different kind of love. A love that cannot be explained until you are a mom. A love that makes me look back at my own mom and understand why she did (and still does) the things she did. A love that makes most moms say, "I would do it all over again in a heartbeat." A love that makes me understand a little more how difficult it must have been for God to send His only Son for us.
I am so thankful that God chose me to be Jaxon's mom. This Bible class I am in is called "Wisdom for Mothers." I am excited to see what God has in store for me to learn from His word and from other mother's.
You are precious and I adore you!! How blessed Jaxon is to have you!!
ReplyDelete