Mark and I have chosen to live on a rather tight budget so that we can use a large portion of income to give for the Lord's work.
It has really taught us needs from wants and just made us very aware of our "unnecessary" spending. When Mark and I got married, he came up with a great budget and even had categories for "Household Decorative". What a sweet guy! Since then, we have realized how that is just excess and if there is a "decorative item" we want, we save up our "Tara/Mark to spend" to purchase it.
Although, Mark never seems to save his $$ for decorative items. Hmmmm??
Anyway, I need to purchase some warmer clothing for Jaxon so that I don't get in trouble for taking him outside in 50 degree weather in a a little onesie. I have been looking online to see if there were any specials going on and found some better deals than in the store. I went to our budget today to see how much I had left to spend for him and was clueless.
Mark, my accounting-minded husband, did a wonderful job coming up with a budget and explaining it all to me. But the way that I need to understand it is different from the way that he explains it. So I called him at work to ask him for help, again. And I got frustrated because I just didn't understand. And then I got more frustrated because he explained it again and I still didn't understand.
Finally, I just told him to think stupid for just a sec (impossible for him to do) to come up with a way for me to not have to call him each time I need to check it. He laughed quite hard at my frustration because I am sure that I sounded completely ridiculous.
We finally came up with a cheat sheet so I will not have to call him and ask him to, think stupid!
Thank you, husband, for being so patient. I heart you!
You know, some of us just don't have that section in our brain. Trust me, I know of what I speak!! Kregg would totally understand Mark's situation--for 25 years now! Great patience!
ReplyDeleteIt's the same way with directions. He just always knows where he is and what direction he needs to go. I, however, can get lost trying to go from one parking lot to another in San Antonio (ending up 10 miles down I-10). Yes, true story!
It is such a blessing to have patient husbands!!
Mark - just think stupid. I think that is called an oxymoron.
ReplyDeleteYour dad used to give me a card budget years ago. Well that has made him the best card buyer in the family. Maybe Mark will become the best decorating buyer, or kids clothing buyer. Well...who knows what these intelligent money-minded guys will become with time. Patient with us is one thing they will definitely have to learn. I know my guy has.
Love you all,
Dede
hahahaha! I love it!
ReplyDelete