pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 1: Texas to New Jersey

We left our house this morning at 5:05 to make a quick stop at Wal-Mart before needing to be at the airport to catch our 7:20 flight. Mark dropped me off so I could get a few items and while I was inside he remembered that we forgot his jacket. So we really didn’t leave our house until 5:35.

Off we went listening to Jaxon talk and talk almost the whole way to the airport. I wish I was that excited to be up that early. We were glad to have someone entertain us though:).

We made it to the airport, checked our bags, made it through security (although I was quite a sight-Mark got pulled aside for an extra screening and I was holding Jaxon while trying to keep everything from falling off the table), and made it to our gate just in time.

Jaxon did so good on the airplane. He slept a little on each leg (we flew Southwest so you know it was not a direct flight) and played and squealed the rest of the time. Our second flight was no full so he got a whole seat to himself. He slept in Mark’s arms the last flight. There were a lot of kids on all the flights and all of the people around us were so nice.
DSC00461 DSC00462 DSC00464 DSC00468
We arrived in Philadelphia and took a bus to get our rental car. You can see below how tired Jaxon was by this time. It was quite a bit cooler than Texas so we were putting some warmer clothes on him and he was just relaxing.
DSC00470
DSC00471

Soon after we headed to Atlantic City. It was windy and chilly so we bundled Jaxon up for our little adventure.
DSC00472 DSC00474
We were not sure about bringing a stroller on the trip but decided at the last minute to get an umbrella stroller. I looked at reviews and found one that worked out great, except it does not have off-road capabilities. Mark took care of it though.
DSC00475
While Mark was introducing Jaxon to the ocean, the ocean introduced itself to Mark. I was laughing too hard to get a good picture of it. As you can tell below, Jaxon was not impressed.
 DSC00489DSC00479
Mark decided that it didn’t count unless Jaxon touched the Atlantic Ocean. These are not pictures of him pretending to put him in the water :).
DSC00486 DSC00487
Here are a few other pictures from our time on the boardwalk.
DSC00484 DSC00506
DSC00491
 DSC00500 DSC00504  DSC00516 DSC00517

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! Were you glad you brought a stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hear about it! your pictures reminded me that my father in law always joked we should name our daughter Taj ma. hardy har har!

    ReplyDelete