Our preacher at church gave a wonderful message this weekend about Mom's. He has been doing a series about being "Called" and he talked about how motherhood is a calling. And I know I haven't even skimmed the surface on what being a mother involves, it really meant a lot to me to hear his message.
It is amazing to me how many people have been very surprised when they hear that I am staying home and not going back to work. I feel very inadequate and unequipped for the journey ahead of me but I do believe that being a stay-at-home mom is my calling. The Lord has blessed us so much and allowed us to make this change. It may be tough at times but I also know that it will be very worth it.
Rick's message at church made me all the more thankful for my mom and mother-in-law. I am so much more appreciative of my mom and what she did for us than ever before. And I am sure that feeling will grow as I learn more about motherhood. She is a true example of loving others unconditionally. I am also very thankful for my mother-in-law who raised a wonderful man of God .
I am looking forward to this journey of motherhood and know that with Jesus' grace, an amazing husband by my side, and 2 wonderful role-models that I can make it through whatever may come my way.
Happy Mother's Day!
I get to celebrate a little more this week but that post will have to wait--it's a surprise:)!!
Glad you had a special day!!
ReplyDeleteI'm also so glad you are getting to stay home with your baby boy! :) It is the BEST!!!!
can't wait for you to be a mommy!!!
ReplyDeleteby the way, YES! amy and i do have a blog ~ but it's password protected..i'll send you the link!
i love reading your blog, tara!!
thinking of you!
-betsy
you're going to be a great mother! just a few more days and you'll be holding sweet jaxon in your arms!
ReplyDeleteWe all start there! I remember bringing Hannah home from the hospital and thinking, "What now????" They told us all about birthing her, but now that that was done, I really got scared that I had no idea how to be a mom. But the Lord, who called you to this role, will give you EVERYTHING you need to raise godly children. I have found that motherhood is much more about Him cleansing and growing MY heart than anything else. The beautiful humility of your heart is EXACTLY what will make you an INCREDIBLE mom!!! I look forward to seeing the amazing fruit that will be born in all of you and all the ways He will be glorified through your precious family.
ReplyDelete