Last night Jaxon got to room-in with Mark and I. I was discharged on Sunday but since he was still in the NICU care, we were able to stay in the room and he stayed with us.
We had to watch a video before we took him out of the NICU and after the video, I broke down. All of Mark’s family was waiting in the room to see him, but Mark called them and asked them to leave. I was so tired and felt very overwhelmed. I felt bad that that they had to leave, but I was EXHAUSTED.
It was a long night. Jaxon’s first night out of the NICU and our first night alone with him. He didn’t sleep very much and Mark was so wonderful in getting up with him to let me sleep as much as I could. I still had to get up some but my wonderful husband was by my side the whole time!!
The next morning Katie, Jeremy, and Julie came to visit Jaxon. Then we got to take him home!!! We weren’t sure how long it was going to be before they discharged him but we got to leave around 12:00. It was great to come home to a quiet, empty, and clean house (thanks to my mom).
No comments:
Post a Comment