What do you know that 2 years later we would find a house on that same street. We had looked all over the neighborhood and just did not find anything we liked. We actually put an offer on a house in another neighborhood close by but we were not too thrilled about it. One day we were driving around Oakhurst (our neighborhood) and I saw a house that was for sale by owner. I asked husband and he immediately said "no, it is pink!"
Long story short, we really liked it and ended up purchasing it shortly after. And the man that was selling actually goes to church with us--small world.
It is an old home, built in 1936. We love the character of the home. From the day we signed the papers (and actually a couple of weeks before), we started doing work on the house. It is hard to even remember what it looked like because so much has changed.
All that to say, I really want to remember what we have done in our home and all the changes we have made. So I decided to do a series of blogs going through each room in our house to have documentation-the before and after. There is still MUCH left to do in the house but I want to remember it right now.
I never posted pictures of Jaxon's nursery because we have slowly been adding things and I think we are finished. (With the exception of 2 more things I would like to add :)--shhh, don't tell husband)
Here are several pictures of what it looked like before we moved in:
Here is what we did with it before it was Jaxon's room (and yes, we did paint it more than once):
And now here it is as Jaxon's nursery:
It is ADORABLE!!!!
ReplyDeletelove it!!!
ReplyDelete