Recently I saw on Jenny's blog this idea and thought I would try it out for myself. I have heard of others making a "bucket list" but never really gave it much thought. I tried to sit down and just write as many as I could as quickly as I could - that was kind of difficult. I wanted to be intentional and purposeful, but still have some fun. So in honor of turning 28 here is my 29 things to do before I turn 29 list: (I am getting old)
- completely purge our house of unnecessary or unused items
- memorize a Bible verse each week
- go back on my no sugar diet (I have no self-control so I have to say no to ALL of it)
- visit a state I haven't been to before
- read a book to Jaxon everyday
- try 10 new restaurants
- take a picture everyday (easy to do with a cutie baby around)
- workout at least 5 times a week-even if it is a short walk
- switch to whole wheat (this will be so hard for me)
- put together at least 3 puzzles
- teach Jaxon sign language
- join a BSF group or Bible study
- read at least 2 books a month
- take a trip with Mark and no baby (This one will be hard :( )
- visit a continent I haven't been to before
- stay in my allowed grocery budget each month
- try 50 new recipes (I cook dinner and lunch each day so this should be fairly easy-I hope)
- stay up to date with Jaxon's 1st year calendar
- finish (& redo the lost) & keep up with our vacation photo books
- update and use my cookbook software (a gift from Mark several years ago)
- finish putting pictures in our empty picture frames (sooner rather than later)
- fold and put up my laundry right after I take it out of the dryer
- send a card in the mail to someone different each week
- do a better job of remembering and honoring birthdays of loved ones (I have been a slacker)
- attend a marriage conference/seminar with Mark
- be more crafty (I have specific ideas in mind--just have to carry them out)
- stay current with our finances (sometimes I get behind and have to play catch up)
- be productive each day with Jaxon
- get ready for the next adventure in life
i love this idea!
ReplyDelete(i would have to come up with a VERY long list!)
i would definitely put
#2
and
#3
on my list
and
#15
btw, we would help with #14
on the home front :)
happy 28th!
love, karen
I love your list!
ReplyDeleteI made a list like that too! Only mine was 30x30... gave me a little extra time! We have some similar things :) Good luck! Thanks for the book name too, sounds like a good one, I will put it on my list. -janine
ReplyDelete