pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Update

Thank you so much to those of you that sent texts, emails, and called before my appointment. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. They are so encouraging to me! I am sorry I didn't get back with each of you, but know I wanted to. Instead of repeating myself too much, I wrote an update from what I found out.

First of all, they did an extensive sonogram of Madelyn. She looks great!! She is growing just on target and everything looked just as it should. They wanted to get some more pictures of her heart, but she was being camera shy.

After the sonogram, Dr. Papa (the maternal fetal medicine specialist) came in and talked to me for a while. She said that when diagnosing lupus, they look for a person to have at least 4 (out of many) characteristics show up. As of right now, I have 2. My redness and my high antibody count. She is in the process of scheduling an appointment with the rheumatologist for me. They will officially diagnose the lupus--if that is for sure what it is. 

The MFM says that lupus is most likely present, but is not going to start anything further until there is a proper diagnosis. So, she sent me home with a fun 24 hour urine sample kit (sounds fun, huh??) and did some more blood work. Both of which will help confirm or deny if lupus is present. She went ahead and started this testing so that when I do see the rheumatologist, they  (hopefully) won't have to do further testing to diagnose. They will be able to see that I am showing enough characteristics to diagnose lupus or rule it out. 

I have an appointment with the MFM again at the end of July, but she is hoping to get me into the rheumatologist before I see her again so she will have some more results. So the next time I have any answers will be when I see the rheumatologist, which is hopefully sooner rather than later. I am waiting for them to contact me.

I feel good about where things are. Although it seems nothing has moved forward, testing is a big part of finding out what is going on and that is happening. While it doesn't give immediate answers, it will give answers. I am just waiting it out and trying not too focus on it. Some of you have asked about how I am feeling. Other than the funky redness that is showing up, I know of no other symptoms that I am experiencing. For that, I am thankful!! It doesn't hurt and sometimes itches, but very mild--NOTHING like my previous pregnancy rash. (I had the PUPPS rash with Jaxon). NOT fun, but I obviously survived:). 

Your prayers are greatly appreciated and felt. I truly do have a God-given peace and I am so thankful. I would appreciate continued prayers for peace, feeling well, and the I get into the rheumatologist sooner rather than later. There are not many of them out there so it can sometimes take a while for someone to get in. Pray for a quick opening!

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. We will continue to be in MUCH prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update! I am so thankful for your God-given peace. May it continue, and may answers come with the testing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are feeling peace. we pray each day for you and for baby madelyn. as you wait, we continue to ask GOD to fill you with His peace.

    ReplyDelete