Husband and I take turns each year planning our anniversary. This year was his turn, but we had to delay our celebration due to his test that was on the horizon. Since that was over and Jaxon was in Abilene, we took advantage! All I knew was that Wednesday evening and Thursday was set aside specifically for us.
He told me to dress up and we ended up downtown Fort Worth at Capital Grill. Yum!! He told them it was an anniversary celebration so they had a rose and rose petals on the table for us when we arrived.
A ginger ale and champagne toast!
After dinner he drove to the Fort Worth Water Gardens and we walked around. It was a happening place, and quite interesting to see. Although less people would have made it more enjoyable--there were so many people around. I didn't know it was so popular.
We decided to take a shortcut through the hotel to walk back to our car and as we were about to leave, husband suggested we take the elevator up. I didn't catch on until then. He had planned a overnight getaway which was so nice. We arrived in the room to these beautiful flowers and all of our stuff. (mainly my necessary pillows to sleep). He had packed and taken half a day of work to get things set up without me knowing--I love surprises!!
We enjoyed a relaxing evening together with no house projects to distract us. It was just a few minutes away from our house, but a great getaway! We slept in the next morning and went for a dip in the pool!
After an afternoon massage and lunch we went for some frozen yogurt!
We had tickets to the FW Cats game that evening. It was our first game and while quite different from the Rangers, we still had a good time.
7 years! Thanks, husband for such a wonderful celebration of us. I love surprises and you did a great job keeping it a secret. Most of all I love you and our time together. Here's to the rest of our lives and the memories we will make!
I love you!!
He told me to dress up and we ended up downtown Fort Worth at Capital Grill. Yum!! He told them it was an anniversary celebration so they had a rose and rose petals on the table for us when we arrived.
A ginger ale and champagne toast!
After dinner he drove to the Fort Worth Water Gardens and we walked around. It was a happening place, and quite interesting to see. Although less people would have made it more enjoyable--there were so many people around. I didn't know it was so popular.
We decided to take a shortcut through the hotel to walk back to our car and as we were about to leave, husband suggested we take the elevator up. I didn't catch on until then. He had planned a overnight getaway which was so nice. We arrived in the room to these beautiful flowers and all of our stuff. (mainly my necessary pillows to sleep). He had packed and taken half a day of work to get things set up without me knowing--I love surprises!!
We enjoyed a relaxing evening together with no house projects to distract us. It was just a few minutes away from our house, but a great getaway! We slept in the next morning and went for a dip in the pool!
After an afternoon massage and lunch we went for some frozen yogurt!
We had tickets to the FW Cats game that evening. It was our first game and while quite different from the Rangers, we still had a good time.
7 years! Thanks, husband for such a wonderful celebration of us. I love surprises and you did a great job keeping it a secret. Most of all I love you and our time together. Here's to the rest of our lives and the memories we will make!
I love you!!
How special. Surprises are always the best! Glad you had some special time together.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Mark! Glad y'all had a getaway!
ReplyDelete