I am so thankful to have friends and family that are willing to share their great ideas with me. Or at least let me "borrow' their great ideas ;).
On our recent vacation, we visited some dear friends in Tennessee. A while back ago they began composting. Mindy told me all about how it works and I was amazed at how much they didn't have to throw in the trash. I was sold. I got online and found us a compost that should be arriving soon!
After talking to my mom and sister-in-law, Jessica, I purchased this cute little indoor compost pail. I have it on my kitchen counter and hope it will help reduce my number of trips outside each day.
My sister-in-law, Jessica, decided a while ago to go paperless in her kitchen. While I admire her for trying, I have told myself that I could never do it. After much thought I have decided to give it a whirl. I am going to start with cloth napkins and see how that goes. Wish me luck!
A friend of mine, Erin, (that I have known since I was really small) recently shared on her blog that she made some homemade marinara sauce. I don't use a ton of it around here, but I thought I could make a big batch and freeze it for future use. I also thought it would be a great way to cut out the unnecessary sugars in store bought marinara sauce.
Several months ago, Erin shared another inspiring idea. Line drying. Why don't I think of these things? I mean, we do have clothes line in our backyard that I hang our cloth diapers on. Even though I didn't think of it, I am going to try it. I probably won't hang all of our clothes on it (I know better:)), but I hope for it to cut down on the number of loads going into the dryer!
I am also appreciative to this thing called Pinterest. I really enjoy seeing other people's ideas and personalities come out in their boards. If you haven't been on Pinterest, you should go check it out. But be warned, it can be addicting.
Husband and I have a wedding to attend in a couple of weeks where the attire is "suits and boots." I haven't worn cowboy boots since I was in elementary school, and husband thinks this is a perfect excuse to get me a pair. And so we did.
But now the problem is, "what do I wear with cowboy boots?" Thank you, Pinterest. I don't think I will be trying the one-shoulder dress look, but it helps me get started!
Husband and I have a wedding to attend in a couple of weeks where the attire is "suits and boots." I haven't worn cowboy boots since I was in elementary school, and husband thinks this is a perfect excuse to get me a pair. And so we did.
But now the problem is, "what do I wear with cowboy boots?" Thank you, Pinterest. I don't think I will be trying the one-shoulder dress look, but it helps me get started!

I love this post! Eric just bought a composter, too. I need one of those cute little containers, though! Where did you find it? Your boots are awesome, by the way. I hope you wear them more than just to that wedding! Maybe go to Oplin some time!
ReplyDeleteYay for composting, pinterest, and cowboy boots! and thank you for the sweet note!! We are thankful for your friendship and are so glad you came to see us:)
ReplyDeleteWoo-Hoo for inspiration! YOU are an inspiration to me! I often think of your post about all the things you want to do before your next birthday. I should do that some time :) Also, I'm excited to hear how the composting goes. It sounds like such a wonderful thing...but I have the crazy irrational fears about it. Like rats...please tell me I'm nuts!
ReplyDelete