Friday night we spent the evening on the couch watching a movie. Actually, I watched and browsed on pinterest. I haven't ever spent that much time looking on it (and don't plan to again), but it sure is fun to see others pictures and ideas. :)
Saturday morning we went to the Fort Worth Science & History museum. Husband and I have been talking about going for a awhile. We didn't buy our usual season tickets to the Dallas Summer Musicals this year and decided to get memberships to the museum and zoo. Since it is still really hot outside right now, we went for the museum this weekend. We bought a membership and so Jaxon and I can go any time that we want, and we can take friends with us! We got free tickets to the planetarium so we took Jaxon to see Big Bird & Elmo talk about the stars. Jaxon hasn't ever seen Sesame Street but he really enjoyed the show. He sat very still throughout the whole thing. And since it was dark and he dropped his morning nap, he was getting a little sleepy as you can tell from this picture. We hope to take him back to a laser show soon!
After a free birthday lunch at Jersey Mikes and a quick stop at TCBY we came home for Jaxon to take his afternoon nap. I did a little bit of shopping while he napped. I went to find Jaxon some fall clothing (I know it's hot, but I was cleaning out clothes the other day and he has no cooler weather clothing), but there wasn't much available. I guess I will have to go try again soon, but I surely don't mind. ;)
Saturday evening we took Jaxon's to some friend's house (THANK YOU SO MUCH, ALLENS) so husband and I could go out on a date. I spent several days trying to pick a place for dinner. Too many choices. I decided on spending the evening at the Movie Tavern (one of those movie theaters that serves dinner) that is close to our house. We had never been and so it was a fun evening to try it out. We ordered dinner and enjoyed the movie. We decided to see Crazy, Stupid, Love. It was a pretty funny movie. We stopped at Barnes & Noble (and looked at some fun exotic travel places to visit someday) before going to pick up our little mister.
This morning we went to our neighborhood park before it got too hot. Jaxon enjoyed being outside and running around the playground.
We had to get back home pretty early because it got too hot. We had a relaxing afternoon and did a little bit of cooking. Husband helped me make some meatballs and berry banana bread--yummy! Tonight we ate some homemade cake batter ice cream--DELISH! Husband spent last Saturday (while I was out for a bit) making it. I love cake batter ice cream and he thought it would be perfect for my birthday--I agree. I would have had some last night but I was stuffed.
I had a great weekend with my boys. Emails, texts, calls, cards, & gifts from special people in my life made it an extra special birthday weekend!
I saw this idea on pinterest and thought it would be fun to do with Jaxon on his birthday. We decided to give it a test run for him!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad you had a great birthday weekend. It sounded like loads of fun. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!!!! Glad to see you took a day off from your sugar fast and got some ice cream! :)
ReplyDeletelooks like it was a great weekend all the way around! so glad!
ReplyDeleteand wow, jaxon looks so old in those pictures!
xoxo,
mini
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet friend!!! It looks like it was a special weekend of celebrating a beautiful bday girl!!
ReplyDelete