pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Monday, August 29, 2011

30 by 30

I hadn't planned on doing this again, but my dear husband encouraged me to come up with a list. In fact, he is helping me come up with some ideas and some of them may actually end up being something we do together. Some will probably be similar to last year.

1. do a better job of remembering and honoring birthdays of loved ones (I got a cute vintage perpetual calendar to help me)
2. a week of new recipes (at least one new recipe at each meal-I have already started my menu)
3. visit a state I haven't been to before
4. continue my no sugar diet
5. take a hot air balloon ride (something husband and I want to do together)
6. have a once a month cooking day of just breakfast foods (much easier to have breakfast
pre-prepared)
7. read at least 2 books a month (gonna try again)
8. visit the Science & History museum and zoo (with Jaxon) at least 35 times each this
year-yikes!
9. take a picture a day
10. memorize 2 scriptures a month
11. stay up to date with our finances
12. host a craft day/night
13. update and use my cookbook software (gift from husband several years ago)
14. visit 10 new restaurants
15. go on a walk with Jaxon at least 4 times a week
16. attend a marriage seminar/conference with husband
17. send a card in the mail to someone different each week
18. go camping with husband and Jaxon
19. learn to play 42
20. fly a kite
21. make a wreath for Fall, Christmas, Spring, Fourth of July
22. finish writing our family goals and family mission statement (been started but not finished)
23. Learn to sew (my friend Katie has offered--maybe I will take her up on that)
24. pray every day with husband and Jaxon
25. have a movie marathon (harry potter, star wars, indian jones, etc.)
26. walk through a corn maze
27. have a family for dinner over at least once a month-preferably 2 families a month
28. take an water aerobics class
29. try line drying our clothes more often (my friend, Erin inspired me)
30. take a painting class

Better get busy-I've got a lot to do!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great list!! We have a great corn maze here every year--we took Audie and Marlene a couple of years ago. It was fun! Makes me wonder if they have been able to do it this year, with the drought . . .

    Have fun checking all these off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I was going to say the same thing; there are lots of corn mazes around here!! Lots of fun! Maybe we can do that when y'all are here!!!

    ReplyDelete