pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Monday, August 29, 2011

29 by 29 update

I decided to do an update on my 29 by 29. I realize some may not care to read it, but I thought it would be fun to look back on someday.

1.completely purge our house of unnecessary or unused items

had a huge garage sale in May and all the leftovers went to the Salvation Army
2.memorize a Bible verse each week
I started out doing really well with this but have not kept up with it
3.go back on my no sugar diet (I have no self-control so I have to say no to ALL of it)
I started back on it August 1st. And with the exception of my birthday week, I am good to go!
4.visit a state I haven't been to before
Deleware, New Jeresey, Connecticut, Rhode Island
5.read a book to Jaxon everyday
Even though he doesn't sit still, I get at least one in everyday. Usually 3 or 4 as he is playing around me
6.try 10 new restaurants
I think I made it to 14
7.take a picture everyday (easy to do with a cutie baby around)
so close--I had only 3 or 4 days that I didn't take one
8.workout at least 5 times a week-even if it is a short walk
did not happen-does chasing around a busy child count as a workout
9.switch to whole wheat (this will be so hard for me)
this was really hard and I haven't completely stopped eating white bread, I am doing much better
10.put together at least 3 puzzles
did 3 puzzles and lots of little kid puzzles
11.teach Jaxon sign language
he can do 4 signs-all done, thank you, help, more
12.join a BSF group or Bible study
I have done several at church and they have been a huge blessing-I am doing John now
13.read at least 2 books a month
did not happen-although I tried
14.take a trip with Mark and no baby (This one will be hard :( )
for 12 days--it was hard, but so good for Mark and I
15.visit a continent I haven't been to before
South America
16.stay in my allowed grocery budget each month
close but no cigar
17.try 50 new recipes (I cook dinner and lunch each day so this should be fairly easy-I hope)
57 to be exact
18.stay up to date with Jaxon's 1st year calendar
I am still working on coming up with the lost info. I am up do date on everything else!
19.finish (& redo the lost) & keep up with our vacation photo books
done and being shipped as I type
20.update and use my cookbook software (a gift from Mark several years ago)
did not happen, not even close :(21.finish putting pictures in our empty picture frames (sooner rather than later)
Done!
22.fold and put up my laundry right after I take it out of the dryer
I did much better at this then I thought. I didn't do it every time, but pretty close
23.send a card in the mail to someone different each week
did not accomplish
24.do a better job of remembering and honoring birthdays of loved ones (I have been a slacker)
I am so mad at myself about this. I love birthdays and celebrating them and I did not do as well as I wanted. This will be on my 30 by 30. 
25.attend a marriage conference/seminar with Mark
at our church taught by Jimmy & Karen Evans
26.be more crafty (I have specific ideas in mind--just have to carry them out)
lots of new craft projects have been completed
27.stay current with our finances (sometimes I get behind and have to play catch up)
did better, but as of right now, I am behind.
28.be productive each day with Jaxon
sure tried to
29.get ready for the next adventure in life
that's called adventures with Jaxon-our busy body

post signature

1 comment:

  1. You did great! I'm impressed. I need to do this to be more intentional with goal-setting. Maybe then, I'd remember your bday:( I want to be better about that one too.

    ReplyDelete