pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Thursday, December 6, 2012

health update

I will start with the post that doesn't have any pictures to add:)!

Last week I had a rheumatologist appointment. She wanted to see me 2 months after delivery. If you didn't know, my rash went away a couple of weeks before Madelyn arrived. And it hasn't returned! 

Dr. R is "weaning" me off of the steroid I am taking over the next 3 months. So, for now I am am taking 8 pills a day, but eventually will be down to 3. Yay! She is keeping me on the plaquenil as it is supposed to help keep things under control (not necessarily serving as a preventative). 

And if you remember me saying something about it being questionable while breastfeeding, she changed her thought;). After doing our own research and talking to her about what we found, she went to some lectures and talked to some other doctors about this specific thing! And she said that she feels completely comfortable me taking it.

Moving on, I go back in 3 months which will be 6 months from when I originally saw her and received an official diagnosis. I will have blood work done again to see if anything has changed internally. 

I continue to be so thankful that I feel great and that I can take care of my kids. For those of you that have asked, thank you. I tend to forget to say thing sometimes, because I don't feel any different.

I will update again in February unless something changes before then!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. What great news! I had been thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete