pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Friday, April 8, 2011

blessing of the week: april 7

Friends: Old and New

I have been blessed with some wonderful friends in my life. They have all been willing to listen, give me advice, tell me when I am wrong, laugh with me, cry with me, encourage me, and love me. I know that I am who I am today partly because of my friends that I have had. Some I don't keep in touch with very well, but I think of them often and remember what a difference they have made in my life. Some I have come to know just in the past 10 months (since Jaxon was born) and that has been huge to have someone going through the same thing at the same time. Some I see weekly and they are such an encouragement to me--they make my week better. Some I get together with a couple of times a year and it is just like old times--GREAT times. 

These past couple of weeks a few of my friends have been great listening ears. I have really needed it and they have been there. They have reminded me how I am greatly blessed to have wonderful friends in my life. I found a few pictures-some older, some newer. I wish I had pictures of everyone, but there was a lot of pictures taken before I got a digital camera (and A LOT of those are of dorm life). In no particular order:

















I am trying out Simply Linked for the first time this week. I thought it would be neat to see what blessings others have in their lives and to take time to reflect on them each week. Sometimes we have hard weeks, and it may be something as simple as "getting to take a hot bath". Whatever it is, please share and then take a few minutes to look at what others have shared. I hope that it is a blessing to you all! Please link up and share your blessings. And if you don't have a blog, you can just leave it in the comments. Thanks!!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. YOU are a blessing, girl. Love you. Sorry you have had a rough couple of weeks. Call if you want to talk. Love the pictures. Why would I wear a solid yellow shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see all the pictures of your friends. I know how much they mean to you and how much they help you in your daily walk with Him.

    My blessing this week has been the window in my office. It helps me to see that life continues to roll on even when I am caught in my own little world and think that everything that is going on with me is so important and dramatic. I'm reminded daily as I look out onto I-40 that the cars and trucks still move to a fro across this great nation and God is still in control. Praise Him for that one fact, He is still in control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have got to get an updated picture of us girls! :) ...which means we need to see each other more...soon soon!

    I loved seeing you last weekend, even though we didn't really get to catch up. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snipe hunting!! HAHAHAHA!!! Tara, I will never forget the many hours we spent in your 4-runner listening to Caedmon's Call with the windows down. I miss how simple life was back then, but I wouldn't trade anything I have right now for it. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as i reflect back on blessings while jack and i are on the other side of the world today, the first blessings that come to my mind are family. we are indeed richly blessed...we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey friend!!! YOU are a blessing to me! We need to chat soon. Thanks for all of the food encouragement and advice. Carson loves to eat now:) I've never seen that pic of the four of us, fun!! My blessing of this week has been special time with my parents. I miss being closer to them, but treasure their visits. I had to have oral surgery this week, and even though I didn't want to do it, it was a blessing to be able to! Happy Weekend to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you! Wish I could come back!

    My blessings are having a new job and having Katie here to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great seeing you! Hope you're feeling better.

    I've felt very blessed by friends these past few weeks as well. And I've been incredibly thankful for Nathan's schedule these past two months.

    ReplyDelete