The past month has been full of unexpected news, but the Lord is showering His blessings as well. Thank you so much for all of you that have called, sent emails, sent texts, and have just been checking in with me. I will never be able to express how much it has encouraged me and just made me smile
For those of you not aware of the events going on lately, I will give a brief explanation of how this all came about and what (although very little) we know now.
Several weeks ago, after a trip and biopsy to the dermatologist, it looked as though the weird redness on my arms, face, and upper chest appeared to show that I have lupus. My OB ordered some further blood work, which I learned today confirmed what the biopsy revealed.
So, what does this mean?
I really have no idea:)!! I have been referred to an MFM (maternal fetal medicine) specialist and will go see her on Tuesday. She will do a sonogram and spend time talking with me and, hopefully, giving me some more answers.
What is lupus?
All I know is that it is an auto-immune disease. But, I am waiting to talk to a doctor and not do too much research on the internet:). I do know that there are MANY different kinds and severity's of lupus. I will probably have to go through some more blood work before we know any more specifics.
What I do know?
The Lord is faithful! And that is what I have to put my hope in. I have no doubt that He is watching over baby Madelyn and I. I believe with all my heart that He can make this all go away, but that doesn't mean that it will. No matter what, I feel his peace and know He is in control. This surely has changed my outlook on many different things--in a good way!!
So, if you think about it, please keep us in your prayers. I will make sure and do an update here as soon as I know new information. It may not be very often, but I will update!! And while you are saying a prayer for us, please keep my grandpa in your prayers. He is about to go through a stem cell transplant (he did one several years ago). He and my grandmother are in Houston at MD Anderson. They have great doctors working with them, but it can still be a stressful and emotionally draining situation.
I will update on Tuesday after I go visit the MFM.
Tara and Mark-Of course we will be in much prayer! We are so impressed with your sweet attitude about this...and you are so right...he can take this away from you if he desires and so we will be praying that he will! We love you and know so many others do as well so we are honored to pray!
ReplyDeleteLove you friend and am praying! I am confident our God is pleased and glorified in your hope in Him. Be encouraged and know that you are loved deeply.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and sweet Madelyn. Your sweet and calm attitude about all of this serves as a wonderful example to me. We love you!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this news, but God is faithful. Keep us posted and I'll add you to my prayer list.
ReplyDeleteyou are always in our hearts and in our prayers, and especially more so now. we love you! and madelyn paige-she is so dear to us. so, each night we ask GOD to fill you with peace, and we thank him for your faith. for you to feel good, and for him to give healing.
ReplyDeletewe love you,
mini & zu
Praying for all of you!
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray and anxious for you to learn more. Love all 4 of you to pieces
ReplyDeleteWe'll continue to lift up many, many prayers for your sweet little family! Love you. :)
ReplyDeletethinking about you & praying for you! so sorry to hear this news, & praying for the Lords healing.
ReplyDeleteLove you, dear one! :)
ReplyDelete