pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to Normal (kind of)




Why is this normal you may ask? Because this chaos is rather small compared to the chaos that happened last week. We are in the midst of completely redoing our kitchen (we are not doing this project and are happily getting it completely redone) and I would rather walk through this chaos for several weeks than to go through what I did last week ever again.

There are several projects that Mark wanted to be done after the demo and before the install of cabinets. Plumbing, electrical, etc. It just made it easier for the guys working on the plumbing and electrical to have no walls to have to get behind or floors to crawl under.

So last Thursday I came home and noticed it was rather frigid in our house and discovered that our heater had stopped working. This happened last year as well and we paid a hefty amount to get it fixed, which they never accomplished. Mark has been "making" it work ever since. Well Mark was gone and so I had to try to make it work but I had some other plans so I was going to have to give it a try later that night. Our plumber also came on Thursday (early evening) to install our new water heater in the attic. So I left him at work and came back to the house around 9:15 or so. I was on the phone with Mark and had him tell me how to "fix" it. I climbed myself up the ladder and stumbled my way to the heater, followed the directions I was given, and climbed back down. We had to wait for the gas to be turned back by the plumber to see if it actually worked. So about 10:30 the plumber said he would be back the next evening to finish. He proceeded to tell me that we had water but no hot water because he wasn't finished with what he was doing. Seriously? No hot water. I was not a happy camper and my poor husband got the brunt of my frustration, none of which was his fault nor did he have control over any of it. And, when the plumber turned the gas back on our heater decided it was to cold to work. Seriously? No heater.

After some rather cold nights and days we finally got someone out here to get the heater back on Saturday night around 12:30.

Saturday afternoon Mark thought he would talk to a different plumber to try to fix the error code appearing on the water heater. He did what he was told but because of some weird piping connections, water started shooting everywhere. Thankfully my older brother was here (God bless him) helping Mark work that day and was able to help. So while Mark was getting sprayed in the face I am running in and out of the house and across the street to our neighbors (what a sight I was) to find a person or tool to help turn it off. Micah (my older brother) finally got it turned off but not before my tears came.

This was way too much at once for me to take. We finally got hot water on Sunday morning.

So as of right now the pictures above show what I would consider to be "normal" around here.

I hope that this coming weekend is a little less eventful in the house project area!!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you handled that much better than I would in your situation! I admire your "hang in there" attitude - and I know it's not easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tummy is a little pointier in the 24wk picture, I wonder if he was pushing out a foot or something. :) Also I was prego when we were going through major water issues in our house. Not. Fun. But survivable and it may be awhile but I bet you will be able to look back and smile.- Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are lucky (blessed) like i am to have a husband who can do jobs around the house. or even to attempt ones that others would shy away from! i do think mark (and his brother) learned from one of the best :)

    ReplyDelete