pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Costumes


We just wanted to share this year's Halloween costumes with everyone.

Mark and I have always said that we were going to wait 5 years before having kids. Apparently God decided that this was a good plan as well. We went to the doctor today and I am 11 weeks pregnant and my due date is May 29. One day after our 5 anniversary! That is if everything is on schedule. My doctor said that everything looked really good. We go back at the beginning of January to find out the sex of the baby.
We have known that I was pregnant for several weeks and it has been a VERY hard secret to keep but we wanted to wait to tell most people until we went to the doctor for the first time.
I never thought that I would have a reason to start a blog but I thought that this would be a fun way for our families to keep up with what is going on. I also plan to use this as a "scrapbook" for the baby.
For those of you that care, I have been pretty much sick all the time. I haven't actually gotten sick but feel nauseous all of the time. I have been eating non-stop because that is the only thing that makes my stomach feel better. I know that it will pass (at least I hope) but sometimes I just want to curl up in a little ball.
Mark and I are very excited and feel very blessed that God has given us this gift!
More to come soon...

18 comments:

  1. haha, the 5 year plan worked out perfectly! lol. so so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO great! Love the costumes!! Excited to see yall as parents....can't wait to meet HER...I have a feeling.... :) love yall

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I was hoping this was what the blog was about. It was so weird. You were on my mind today. What a blessing when God sends a healthy baby into this world! Can't wait to watch you guys become parents and even more "Richly Blessed" Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! I look forward to hearing more about little baby Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so excited for you!!! Look forward to following your journey! Love you bunches and bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both! We're not going to make it down for Thanksgiving this year, but hopefully next year our two kids can meet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are so excited!! blessings on your precious little one! it's going to be so fun to see you as mommy & daddy~you're going to be wonderful parents!
    xoxo,
    mini and zu (or grammy and gramps??)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo!
    This is gonna be fun!
    Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You guys will be wonderful parents. (I think more than just your parents will follow the blog).
    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara!!! How exciting! I was hoping that this would be what the blog said! What a wonderful blessing.

    As far as sickness, I was sick with all 3, and I found that Zofran was extremely helpful. I was able to work at SWA while taking it b/c it didn't make me groggy. Actually, I took it all three pregnancies. And would take it again in a heartbeat. (If I ever had another.)

    Come see me when you're home, and remember my camera loves prego bellies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! How exciting! We're exactly four weeks apart ... my due date is April 29. I feel ya on the sickness thing. I'm 15 weeks, and it's just now starting to subside. Many blessings and lots of non-nausea wishes your way! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're so excited. It's going to great watching you both in this new chapter of your life's journey. We Love You Bunches!!

    Didi & Coach

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to watch this adventure and see your mom glow with pride. I'm praying for a wonderful pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how exciting for you both!! i love how aunt karen is trying to decide on what they'll be called as grandparents. you could always suggest that the child decide--- that's how my kids' grandpas ended up being called "baboo"!!!
    :) caroline was trying to say 'grandpa' and the name stuck...!
    praying for rest and relief from nausea for you, tara. love, cousin amy in GA

    ReplyDelete
  15. yippppppeeeeee! ~laura (it's not letting me log in...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are so excited for you both. It's a great adventure! Hope you feel better soon. love,Rhonda and Lee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!

    I thought I would help you with some good name suggestions: http://www.farcethemusic.com/2009/10/top-ten-rejected-names-for-john-richs.html

    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!! This is incredible news! Y'all will be awesome parents! love to you--

    ReplyDelete