pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Friday, August 1, 2014

Starting again!

I am gonna make a very strong attempt to be more regular about updating this blog. I am so overwhelmed about catching up, but am determined to. I figured I would start now and then go back and catch up as I can. 

So, for my first post in ??? months, I thought I would do a product review on
The  Veggetti!

I know everyone out there wants one of these so I will give you my opinion on it so that you can all rush out to buy one immediately...or not!!

I have seen this kitchen contraption on Pinterest for several months now. Not sure why it has peaked my interest, but it had. Husband and I recently did a 28 day Clean Eating Challenge/Detox (a blog post to come), which has definitely changed my approach as to what I put in my mouth. Carbs are on thing I am trying to cut down on. Not out, but just trying not to eat a large amount of them at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in-between! 


I thought the Veggetti would be a great way to try to cut back on my pasta carbs. Before I replaced a full meal of pasta with "veggie noodles" I decided to give it a try one evening as a side dish with our dinner. I love zucchini so I started with that veggie. I cooked it in a little olive oil with salt and pepper in a saucepan. And to my surprise, it tasted just like zucchini. Ok, so maybe not a surprise, but I did have this small hope that there would be a hint of pasta taste. Nada!!! It wasn't awful to eat, just a very different way of eating zucchini. But I will do it again!





As far as replacing my pasta with zucchini noodles--I don't know if that is going to happen. May try more of a stir-fry dish. 



The contraption itself was easy to use and not too difficult to clean. It was a $14.99 purchase that will if nothing else, give us another way of eating our veggies. Although, getting the husband to try zucchini noodles may be a challenge. He would rather not eat zucchini in the first place, but happily does so for our kids sake. So I will take what I can get ;)!



And just because this is a cute picture! And let's face it, my parents are probably the only ones who still check the blog and the littles are who they really want to see ;).

  



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cutie pie! Now for the real question, does she wear glasses or just pose. Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete