Husband and I had the fortunate opportunity to spend several days in New Orleans recently. He was given an award and they presented it to him at a conference there in NOLA.
We arrived on Tuesday and got to spend the day exploring.
It is hard to see in this picture, but the street was blocked off for a film they were shooting.
We took a bus tour of the city. Not the best tour we have ever been on, but a good way to see a lot of the city in a short amount of time.
Husband took some pictures with a few of the many characters in the city.
We visited Cafe Du Monde for the beignets--so good!!!!
Ended our first day with a yummy dinner at Sylvain. It was recommended by someone husband knows and did not disappoint!
While husband spent the next couple of days at the conference, I killed time by walking around the city. I tried not to stay out much past lunch because it was so hot!!
street band
I went to the French Market and found the booth of Lego mini-figures. Jaxon would've loved it.
Thursday at lunch I was able to attend the award presentation and hear husband give his speech. It was such an honor to be there and we were able to meet and chat with the mother and sister of who the award was named in honor of.
We spent that night and our last night in NOLA celebrating. Husband was told about this certain dish which he gave a try. They gave him a bib because it was so messy and thankfully we sat near a sweet couple that gave him a few tips on the best way to eat his meal;).
So thankful for our time together and am thankful and proud of this hardworking husband of mine!




















We are so proud him also. We are also proud of the helpmeet you are to him.
ReplyDelete