Several months ago I read a blog post by one of Mark's cousins (2nd, I think??) about a detox through Arbonne. She had recently become a consultant for Arbonne and her and her husband decided to give the detox a try. You can read about their experience here.
After reading her blog, I told the husband about the detox and how I would like to do it. A lot of people control their lupus through their diet. I have looked at several different ways to change our eating and have been so discouraged because their are SO many opinions of what is the best way to eat. To quote Aubrie, "the plan was not a diet, it was about healthful lifestyle changes." Needless to say, husband was not as excited about making some changes as I was;).
Aubrie called me one day in May and told me they were running a "special" in case I was interested. I asked husband if he wanted to do it, which he replied, "I don't want to make the decision, say yes for us or say no." Of course I said yes, (!) and was floored that he was willing to do it with me, and so thankful!
We decided we would hold off and start in June as it would be a little easier with our schedule. The detox is basically a clean eating plan but has a few more restrictions as it is detoxing your body. For example, no dairy, no gluten, no sugar. But you could eat all the veggies you wanted:)! There were hard days and easy days, but overall, I think we are both thankful we did it. We didn't get some of the energy boost that we were hoping for but overall it makes me think about what I put in my mouth before I do it. Before, I didn't even question it!
We didn't do it for the weight loss, but that was an added bonus. Husband lost 13 pounds and almost 10 inches. I lost just under 8 pounds and just under 7 inches. We haven't stuck to the clean eating since we have finished, but do make healthier decisions about what we eat and have been working out almost daily. In fact, husband signed up for a half-marathon in October!!
If it comes down to needing a more restrictive diet, I feel confident that I could do it, although, I am not ready to give up my ice cream just yet;).
Let me know if it is something you are interested in or have more questions about. Many people have gotten off medications they have been taking for 10+ years, and seen major health benefits. I would be happy to answer questions or point you in the right direction!!
great post!
ReplyDelete