pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Sunday, October 9, 2011

blessing of the week-oct. 9

God's grace, forgiveness, and faithfulness

I sat down to write this on Friday, but I have this 16th month old distraction that is so much fun to play with! :)

The past couple of weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions. Fear has been the major one. Isn't it amazing how the Lord provides you with just what you need. I have a little devotional book that I try to read everyday. It is short, but really good. Here is what it said on Friday:

In order to hear my voice, you must release all your worries into My care. Entrust to Me everything that concerns you. This clears the way for you to seek My Face unhindered. Let Me free you from fear that is hiding deep inside you. Sit quietly in My Presence, allowing My Light to soak into you and drive out any darkness lodged within you.
Accept each day just as it comes to you, remembering that I am sovereign over your life. Rejoice in this day that I have made trusting that I am abundantly present in it. Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Me in all circumstances. Trust Me and don't be fearful; thank Me and rest in My sovereignty. 

Thank you Jesus! Just what I needed to hear. I hate that I cannot just give it to Him. But I am so thankful that He is faithful and forgiving.

And since I am just now writing this, I can add that the sermon at church today was about how God is greater than our future!  Another thing that I needed to hear. 
Funny how He works:)!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I praise God that you are listening to Him and know to go to Him with your needs for each day.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete