pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Can I interest you in a game?

So I'm pretty sure that we go on more dates now that Jaxon is born than before he was born. Some of it is opportunity, with Husband's change in jobs he certainly has more time for things other than work. But with a baby, it can be difficult to find people to watch the child. We do not have this problem currently. We've got a couple of couple's with children about Jaxon's age that we trade babysitting with, and we have others who really want to spend time with Jaxon. So last Monday, Husband's mother (Mini) was coming through town and offered to keep Jaxon for the night and we took her up on the offer.

How else do you start out a date, except with flu shots. While not the highlight of the evening, something we felt we just needed to get done. Husband insisted that we get the shots in the left arm so it would not affect our next activity.

So these wristbands gave us unlimited bowling, laser tag, billiards, and shuffleboard at Main Event. From our first date, we have been playing games. On our first date we played Connect4 and Battleship at a coffee house in Abilene, TX. What we figured out early was that Husband was good a some games and I was good at others. For instance, Husband could not lose at Connect4; however, Husband would often not even find a single ship before I would sink all of his. We have played these two games throughout our marriage with about the same results, except that I have managed to win the occasion games of Connect4 and Husband still can't find my battleships.
  

The first game we played was bowling. We bowl, maybe once every two years, so it took some warming up, but there was a trend. We played four games (see the last three scores below). The first game we did not get a picture of, but I scored around 110 and Husband was around 85. Well, he got progressively better, and I only went downhill from there.

After the fourth game, Husband wanted to test out the radar on the lane. We think this was as fast as he threw the ball down the lane without completely throwing out his arm. Unfortunately he generally hit no pins.

We then headed to play laser tag. We we put in a group with a lot of other people (19 total). We really did not see each other during the game, but at the end of the game our rankings told two different stories. I was ranked at 19/19 (the lowest), while Husband was ranked 1/19 (highest).
After laser tag, we moved to the billiards tables. Here we were equally poor sports. While Husband could hit more balls in the pockets, he had a problem hitting the "8" ball into the pockets before he was supposed to, which meant I won the game.
We then moved to shuffleboard. All I have to saw about this is that a picture is worth a thousand words.
The score was really 51 to 20, but the board would not let you put the next point on without resetting. I'm going to say I dominated this game.

Overall we had a really good time playing games and spending the evening with each other.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Jaxon's parents and Jaxon's Mini both had a very fun evening!!! We kept Emma so David and Ashley could have a date last weekend and we were pretty excited!! We LOVE it when they want to go on a date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. even though there were some wins and losses in the games y'all played, the night was a win-win. y'all got to enjoy a date together, and i enjoyed jaxon time! always willing to spend time with him!
    xoxo,
    mini

    ReplyDelete