pinterest instagram email Image Map
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oklahoma: Where the Wind Comes Sweeping Down the Plains

I know I am behind and need to update but this has to come first!

Yes, I've got this song stuck in my head but not because I recently saw the musical. In fact, I have never seen the musical and am not sure if I really want to.

Last Tuesday, Mark was working from home so he was going to bring me lunch at school. He called me a little before and said plans had changed. He received a call from one of the partners from the company he works for and she wanted to meet with him.

We were not sure what it was about and left us wondering. He called me back after he finished with her and told me that they asked him to move to Tulsa, Oklahoma. Completely random and a huge surprise but kind of odd considering a conversation Mark and I had the previous Saturday. This is how part of that conversation went:

(I had been gone all day and was expecting a project in the house to be finished when I got back. He was not able to work on it due to the weather-I was a little annoyed).

Mark: Tara, why is it such a big deal to have it done today.
Tara: Today isn't the problem. It is the fact that we have so many unfinished projects in this house and if your company asks us to move to Oklahoma (yes I really did say that), it will take us 3 months to get this house ready to sell.
Mark: They are not going to ask us to move to Oklahoma.

(maybe he will listen to me a little more now) :).

So here we are. I will go into more detail in a future post but we are asking for prayers right now. Mark has tentatively said yes and it will depend upon how this weekend goes. We fly out on Saturday morning and are going to meet with some people from the office in Tulsa. Neither of us have ever been to Tulsa so we would like to check it out a little. It will be a very short visit but we hope that it will help us in the decision.

I will write more in detail about everything involved after our trip.

Please pray for us this weekend. We know that God can use us any where, we just want to make sure that we make the right decision during this new time in our lives.



post signature

6 comments:

  1. praying for y'all that GOD will guide you in each and every way. much love, karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that both of you trust God implicitly and that you both know He is in control. My dear friend, Apryl, once told me that it's much easier to look at life as an adventure waiting to see where God takes you. Hold on to Him and your seatbelts will be secure for the ride.
    Love you bunches,dd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this story. :)

    And moving isn't so bad. At least Tulsa is a real city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear what happens. Keep me updated.

    MUCH love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should see the musical. I think you would like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TARA!!!!! oh my goodness!!! i was thinking about you and remembering you told me you were gonna start a blog to keep us updated on the BABY, but i didn't get your email, so i think i need to give you my new address....anyway!!!! the blog is presh!!!! i am sooooo super excited that you and mark are gonna be parents!!! and WOWZERS! you might move to oklaholma!!!!! that is exciting!!! please know that we'll be praying for y'all as you make this decision and we are sooo excited to see you both very soon!!! much love sweet friends!!

    ReplyDelete