Our computer is at the doctor right now so blog updates are going to be few and far between until it returns home.
A couple of weeks ago husband and I decided to go to Abilene for Labor Day weekend. It was a GREAT weekend with family and friends.
Friday night when we got there, husband and his parents took the time to teach me 42. Their family plays it every year at Thanksgiving and I don't play because I didn't know how. But I do now!!!! Thanks for the lessons:).
We spent Saturday morning visiting with my grandparents. The weather was great so we enjoyed some time exploring their backyard.
Saturday afternoon, husband's mom, sister, and I did some shopping and then when Jaxon woke up, we went swimming. He isn't too fond of not being able to feel something underneath his feet. He enjoyed looking around their backyard though! He also enjoyed getting on the piano at every possible chance he had!
Sunday morning after church, lunch, and a quick visit to see husband's grandparents, my mother-in-law took me to get a pedicure. It was such a treat. I don't get one very often so I really enjoy them when I do. Thanks Karen:)! Then we all took a trip to get some frozen yogurt. I may or may not have cheated on my no sugar diet this weekend. I'll let you guess!! We ended our day with another game of 42.
Monday, husband, his parents, Jaxon, and I went to ACU's campus to get Jaxon a purple shirt and to see the new rec center they just built. It was fun to walk around campus and see the many changes. We went into the rec center, walked around the labyrinth, and enjoyed the amazing weather outside.
We even got a picture with the Dr. Moneys.
We went and got a burger at Lucy's before saying our good-byes. On our way out of town we stopped to see my best friend from high school. We met her little boy, Knox, who is 2 months older than Jaxon, but probably about 3 times bigger. He was so sweet and I am thankful that we got to see them.
We had such a fun and relaxing weekend in Abilene. Thank you Jack and Karen for everything. It was great to see husband's parents, sister, and 2 sets of Jaxon's great-grandparents!
When we got home on Monday afternoon, the weather was still nice so we took Jaxon to the park. He LOVES to go there--good thing it is down the street!
Great pictures! Glad y'all had fun. :)
ReplyDeletewe had such fun with y'all! thanks for making the trip! love you all!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
mini
Thanks for all the pictures. Everyone looks like they had a great time. Lots of fun!
ReplyDeletedede